28 January 2009

Thursday Thirteen - 19th Edition

13 Things You Can Do While Iced In
  1. Enjoy hot cocoa and marshmallows.

  2. Set up tent for kids to play in because it seems like a great idea.

  3. Referee

  4. Take down tent because it becomes a source of contention.

  5. Look at ice sickles on playground from just inside the warm house.

  6. Clean out the kids drawers and reorganize their clothes.

  7. Dress yourself (check out James' outfit! He insisted on these clothes while I was trying to clean out his drawers)!

  8. Play basketball.

  9. Snuggle.

  10. Color.

  11. Sit in a box.

  12. Wish I hadn't fed the kids the last of the blueberries for breakfast because I would like to make this recipe.

  13. Make Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins instead!


Bonus: You get my recipe....




Almost Fat Free Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins

note: These are sticky because they have no fat in them. I do not recommend using the little paper cups. The only fat in these is from the chocolate chips. You could reduce the amount used or eliminate them all together.

1 can pumpkin (not the filling, just plain pumpkin)
1 & 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup splenda or other calorie free sweetener (you can use sugar of course but the points value will go up)
1/4 cup skim milk
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup natural applesauce (you could use an egg or 1/4 cup egg beaters here but Kirstyn is allergic to egg whites so I sub applesauce)
stir well and then fold in:
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (if you use mini chips then the points value may go up)

Bake @ 400F for 20 minutes

Makes 12 muffins at 2 WW points each!

Turns out the old Thursday Thirteen blogroll is not working...but fear not, you can link up here!


sign

13 comments:

Sarah in Disturbia said...

It's freezing cold here too and those muffins sound so good! Stay warm: )

Christina said...

That picture of James is TOO FUNNY! Your list sounds a lot like us the last few days. LOL.

Gattina said...

Nice program ! I have to replace "kids" by cats, lol !

Kristen said...

Being snowed/iced in can be a fun memory building time ~ as long as it doesn't last too long.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! These will be the next muffins I make! Thanks so much for the linky love, Natalie and also for the yummy recipe. I have two cans of pumpkin in my food pantry - now I know what I can do with them. :)

Janet said...

And if you don't have kids, you can read, and take the dogs for a walk, and read blogs :-)

kandyblossom said...

Great list. I like his version of basketball. LOL.

Thanks for the recipe. Anything made with pumpkin is a winner in our house.

Happy TT!

momma said...

stopping by from sits

the muffins look yummy!

janetfaye said...

The Almost Fat Free Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins look so good!

Michelle said...

Oh, I love your list! It so sounds like a day at our house. And thanks for the recipe for the muffins. Little Miss is dairy free (newly), and I'm still trying to find recipes that I can make. I found dairy free chocolate chips and can use soy milk, and I'm good with this recipe. I don't like pumpkin, but oddly I love pumpkin chocolate muffins. Thanks!

And thank you so much for coming to visit my blog on my SITS day. Today has been so much fun and so lovely to see the response and fun comments. I really appreciate it. I hope you enjoyed my blog and come back to visit soon!

Anonymous said...

Yummy!!! Happy TT! Up with WoW in Thornesworld

Unknown said...

great list of 13 things to do while iced it... :D

love the referee...cause I were the ref stripes everyday!

Jaimee said...

Yeah, those iced-in days almost drove me insane...not much to do with a 2 year old and an 8 month old!