22 October 2008

The Manager

The other day we were outside working in the yard. Kirstyn went into the garage, got me a rake, got James a broom, realized James' broom was too big for him, went back into the garage and got James a paint brush. David was using the weed eater. Then she said something like, okay, perfect, now we all can work. I looked at her, confused, and asked just what was she going to do while Daddy was weed eating, I was raking, and James was sweeping.

"Well", she said, "Mommy, I'm the manager."

Oh. Sorry, I didn't realize. Hey Kirstyn, Daddy is the one with the manager degree.

She laughed. "Daddy is not a girl." "Girls are the ones that know HOW to do everything".

Exactly, I said. Mommy has the engineering degree! Engineers have to know HOW to do stuff when the Managers realize that it needs to be done!

She didn't get it because she was busy using her hand as a megaphone and teaching James to use his paint brush broom...but one day she will! Oh and David and I had a good laugh. She does love math already and her favorite cartoon right now is Cyberchase. Maybe one day she will be an engineer too.

sign

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thought you'd like to know that there's a new episode of CYBERCHASE called Spheres of Fears this Monday, October 27th. Check your local listings at pbskidsgo.org/cyberchase

Claremont First Ward said...

So I now know who to go for with technical questions....:)

Christina said...

Oh my gosh, now that's hysterical! She's so right - girls ARE the ones that know how to do everything!!

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

The girl is right on the money! Too funny!

Jaimee said...

LOL! That is too funny! She's so smart! :)

McCullough Family said...

Funny! I love it!