30 July 2008

Thursday Thirteen - 13th Edition

For my 13th Thursday Thirteen I thought I would list 13 reasons I am glad that I have lost 50 pounds!


  1. I look better. I would not have said this until looking at these pictures, but I just appear to look more comfortable in my skin! I just wish my belly would shrink more. ugh.
  2. Oh and the shirt I am wearing in the picture today is a size Large. This is the first time in my adult life that I have been able to wear a Large shirt.

  3. Speaking of clothing sizes...I just realized that I am now TOO SMALL for stores like Lane Bryant and Avenue! I am no longer a PLUS size!

  4. I have more self confidence.

  5. I sleep better.

  6. I have more energy.

  7. I have less migranes.

  8. I am off of all of my crohn's disease medications!

  9. I don't get winded going upstairs in my own house!

  10. David and I can now share a meal at a resturant and actually feel full and happy about it!

  11. I now love to cook and try new and healthy recipes. I remember back when I started this process my dietician friend Ann told me that I could not live on just green beans and corn as the only veggies I was willing to eat. She made me promise to try one new vegetable or vegetable preparation per week. Now I actually enjoy lots of different veggies. THANKS ANN!

  12. I have made lots and lots of friendships that I consider invaluable at Weight Watchers and in the gym.

  13. I think I am finally helping to inspire others! (Hey, who knows, maybe one day I will be leading my own WW meeting!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


sign

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you look great! I'm glad you are enjoying new vegetables too.

Anonymous said...

Good job & way to go!

I'm new to blogging only been at 2 weeks now. I'm interested in joining the 13 Thursday Meme but don't understand your instructions....

Kristy said...

OMG! You look AMAZING! I'm so jealous!! :)

Malcolm said...

Congratulations on your weight loss... that's quite an accomplishment! By the way, I like the motto in your blog header.

Hootin Anni said...

Oh congrats on the weight loss. Keep it up.

Happy T-13. Again, I have a return of Jefé --and her witty thirteen statements on life. Come on over, have a laugh or two!

Anonymous said...

you look fabulous... i used to have a diet blog.. but well lol so it goes, or comes back lol

Anonymous said...

This is the list i need to make. maybe it will give me some motivation.

Anonymous said...

This is the absolute best thing I have read today! YAY FOR YOU NATALIE! I am so happy that you are feeling better and feeling like you are doing such a wonderful job! Because YOU ARE!!! YAY again!! :)

Alicia said...

So, I guess I am one of your blog-stalkers :) since I have never commented before... But I just had to say You look FABULOUS!

Stacy said...

You look great. You seriously make it look so easy to do that maybe I should check into WW. (Not that I think it will be easy)

Laura Paxton said...

Congratulations! That is SUCH an awesome achievement...I am working on losing too...*Ideally* I should weigh about 65 pounds less than where I am... You're an inspiration!
Happy T13!

orneryswife said...

Congrats on the loss! What a gift to your family!
TM

Christina said...

WOW, you look awesome, Natalie! You say you have almost 50 more pounds to lose, but you'd be nothing but skin and bones! 13 VERY good reasons.

Wani said...

Congrats on the lost pounds! May they never find you again! I myself have gained and lost alot of weight too. I know how challenging and rewarding it can be. Good job!

Anonymous said...

Hi Natalie...we've never met, but you send me the WW updates and I know David through Power FM (I work there). Anyway, just wanted to say congratulations on the 50-pound mark...that is so awesome! And you look great!

Unknown said...

YOU LOOK AMAZING!! Keep up the good work!!!

I am going to email you about my siggy and divider. :D

Sarah in Disturbia said...

Love your list. You look great and most importanty, happy! Congratulations on your hard work and perseverance; it has paid off: )

The Price's Wife said...

You're doing great!

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

I have been waiting for these pictures!!!! You look like a different person, your face is so thin now!

Way to go girl! It's a very difficult thing to lose 50 lbs, here's to you *clinks glass of champagne - 0 pts of course!*

Unknown said...

You ARE looking fantastic! And being out of plus sizes...doesn't that feel great? Congrats on your success so far!

Unknown said...

You are amazing Natalie. Excellent job! I am so proud of you!! And the pictures really do show how much you've changed. It's so good to be healthy, as you are, and the weight loss is a wonderful bonus!