18 May 2008

Sesame Street Music and Art Party...

I can't believe it was time for my baby boy's 1st Birthday Party, but it was (here is a 'for my blog' modified invite for you to see)! James doesn't take the time to stop being his busy little self for anything except when Sesame Street happens to come on the television...then he stops what he is doing and is mesmerized by Elmo and the gang!

I decided that a Sesame Street Music and Art Party would be perfect for his interests. I asked my mom to handle the music part of the party (she is an elementary music teacher)...

Then I incorporated the art part by letting the kids paint their food! Check out these cool plates!

Then it was time to move onto cake! Check out the cakes that I decorated. The big cake was actually baked at Costco and iced plain and then I decorated it. James' cake was made from a chocolate cake mix and a can of pumpkin and a little water. Since Kirstyn is allergic to egg, the allergist recommended that we avoid exposing James until after he has been allergy tested and is a little older! Sounds easy enough since I already avoid eggs in our family meals.


And, now it is official. My kids are a little odd. Kirstyn ate her first birthday cake with a fork and here is James chowing down with a spoon. He started by digging both hands in and licking them, then he started talking to Big Bird and carefully poked out BB's eye, and then he started reaching and screaming in the direction of the pile of forks and spoons on the table. I handed him a spoon and away he went on a mission to get a big 'ole sugar high! Yummy, he even gave mommy a bite....

Then it was time to open presents! Of course, all of the kids had a good time opening James' presents and checking them out! That always seems to be one of the best parts of the party, especially for all of our playgroup friends. They were all checking out what they would play with the next time they get to come over to the house! James seems to love all of his gifts.

One of the favorites so far are the bath tub drums from Dee Dee and Pappy! Check out the music fun in the tub!

All in all it was a great party and everyone seemed to have a good time! Next Saturday for James' actual birthday we are planning to go to Six Flags as a family! I hope the weather cooperates!

sign

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like soooo much fun! I love first birthdays!

Stacy said...

The cakes are awesome! Looks like everyone had a fantastic time.

Christina said...

What a great party! He is adorable. :o) Happy birthday, little guy!

Tracy said...

Love the bathtime drums. I am going to need some of those when J gets bigger.

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

THOSE CAKES ROCK! you need to come here and do our cakes...no seriously, ever want to come visit Canada?

no?

:-)

Happy B-day James!

Unknown said...

Those drums look really cool! Oh and the party looks like a blast! Sorry we missed it.

Beautiful cakes too Natalie. Happy (early) Birthday to James!!

Grace Acres said...

What cute idea's. My little mister turned 1 in march and he ended up in the tub for half of his party. he got a set of musical dolphins for the tub. Great job on the invite.

Christie O. said...

holy cow!!! great minds think alike! that one picture of the kids and music looks like it could've been my picture! hahahaha! love your cakes, holy cow!